Things getting on top of you?
No need to struggle! Geeza Break can offer your family support and respite.
Families Supported in 2023
Children benefited in 2023
Kinship families supported in 2023
Parents/Carers assisted in 2023
Message of Support from Elaine C Smith
I am delighted to be a supporter of Geeza Break as it is a brilliant voluntary organisation that needs to be applauded for helping to ensure that the most vulnerable in our community – both carers and those who receive care – get the best of help. The type of services offered plugs a much needed gap in childcare and family support in the East End of Glasgow. As I live in this part of the city, I feel a close affinity to this charity and was happy to officially open their new premises.
Elaine C Smith
Geeza Break, founded in 1992, emerged during a time of significant transformation in Glasgow. As communities were evolving and residents were relocating to newly developed areas, a group of dedicated individuals from Glasgow's East End recognized the need for community-based support and nurturing respite. Their goal was clear: to assist families affected by the city's regeneration, families who found themselves separated across different parts of Glasgow.
The work we do
At Geeza Break, our mission is to provide holistic, nurturing, and relationship-based family support. We are dedicated to helping every child and young person reach their full potential. Our approach focuses on individual and family assets, collaboration, and a commitment to reducing social inequalities. We create a culture where the rights of children and young people are upheld, and their voices are heard and respected.
- Amazing to be able to leave knowing kids are well looked after and happy it was a weight of my shoulders
- It helps a lot because it makes me have more time to do some other things for myself like shopping or have a great day with my friends
- Myself and daughter got to spend more time together
- I did not think a couple of hours make much of a difference, but it did
- The service we have received from Geeza Break and their staff has been invaluable to our family. It provided us all with breathing space from each other. It made my husband and I more resilient when dealing with problems if we knew a respite session was due. It has also helped me to improve my health and return to work
- It has helped relieve tension and give myself and husband a break. It also helped encourage me to verbalise any concerns with regards to kids with the sitters and getting advice
- It has been great. Gave me a great chance to have me time and catch up on appointments
- I have enjoyed my time with my sitter. She is fun to be around
- I really like Geeza Break they give my mum and us a break it gives us time to play as well. I definitely want Geeza Break until I am 15