Chief Executive Officer
Salary dependent on experience
Geeza Break is a successful voluntary organisation whose main aim is to achieve improved health and well-being of individuals, families and their children by providing family support and flexible respite services to parents with children aged 0-16 years, predominantly within the East/North East in Glasgow. We are run by a voluntary Management Board.
The services we offer are intended to be short-term flexible support to families experiencing addiction, stress, crisis or isolation. These services set out to achieve a set of aims for both the family and children.
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, the opportunity has arisen for our voluntary Board of Directors to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who shares our ethos and will above all be committed to Geeza Break’s values and achieving our aims.
Our CEO supports and provides strategic and operational leadership to our staff management team and will have overall responsibility for managing and developing Geeza Break, in response to the wishes of our voluntary Board of Directors. We would welcome applications from candidates who believe they have the necessary skills and experience to take on this challenging but very rewarding role and who believe they can fit well into our existing culture.
A care or charity background is not necessary to be successful in our CEO’s role but the selected candidate must have excellent strategic and operational leadership skills gained in a comparable organisation.
The post holder will ensure that Geeza Break meets and maintains the highest standards of governance. Our CEO is also the dedicated Child Protection and Safeguarding Officer with ultimate responsibility for safeguarding.
The key competencies our CEO needs to have are:
- At least ten years’ experience of working and having responsibility at senior management level for developing, influencing, and managing organisational policy decisions within a comparable organisation.
- Experience of working effectively with and reporting to a voluntary Board of Directors. You should also be able to demonstrate your ability to produce, interpret and present relevant statistical information.
- Experience of working directly with the community and involvement in community projects, of a substantial permanent nature as well as of implementing organisational change programmes/projects and in making improvements to enhance performance.
- Educated to SVQ level 4 in management or equivalent and be a skilled leader with financial, budgetary development and management experience, including dealing with HR.
- An ability to work on your own initiative, problem solve and plan your time effectively to meet deadlines. You will need excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organisation.
Experience in negotiating with funding and regulatory bodies and public speaking would be considered desirable.
If you feel this may be the next exciting step in your career and would like more information on Geeza Break, our CEO’s role and how to apply application packs can be obtained below.
Please note that CV’s will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is:- 5th February 2024 @ 5PM .
Respite Sitter - Sessional
Hours of work are variable for daytime/evening/weekends over 7 days – degree of flexibility essential.
You will provide a high quality interactive educational fun respite sitter service either within the family’s home or free activities within local community to children aged 0-16 years, usually lasting 4 hours.
In addition, you will participate in review meetings with families and work closely with the Respite Co-ordinators in order to provide quality childcare to meet individual family needs. Successful applicants will be members of the PVG Scheme (Protecting Vulnerable Groups). Disclosure cost will be met by Geeza Break.
SVQ Level 2/3 in Child Care or equivalent essential.
Must be a Non-Smoker.
Full Driving Licence and use of a car preferable.